Like so many things in life, happiness is a choice. Even in the most difficult of situations, we can usually find something to be happy about. During this last night of October (where did this month go?), here’s some tips on becoming a happier person, taken from Dottie Billington’s Life Is An Attitude:
- Decide to be happy. To a certain extent, you create your own happiness, from the inside out.
- Happiness can survive the loss, suffering, and grief that are part of all our lives, and make us stronger. What matters most is not what happens to you, but how you react.
- Since no life can always be happy, when you feel miserable, remind yourself you can move past it.
- True happiness consists of getting out of yourself, of focusing your attention on the world, instead of yourself. This means having an active life and absorbing interests.
- Test your known and yet-to-be-discovered skills through some meaningful activity. Anything that challenges you will work.
- Genuinely care about other people.
- Make it a habit to consciously remind yourself every day of things for which you are grateful.
Let’s make an effort this week to focus on the good things we have in our lives. Everyone I know has at least one thing going in their life that should bring a smile to their face. Choose happiness this week.