Most people are just about as happy as they decide to be.
– Abe Lincoln
As a co-worker pointed out to me today, it’s almost a shock to your system when you encounter someone who is upbeat, positive, and well, happy. Folks, it’s not supposed to be like this.
Here’s some ideas from Life is an Attitude that may improve your happiness factor,
Keys to a happy attitude:
- Decide to be happy. To a certain extent you create your own happiness-from the inside out.
- Happiness can survive the loss, suffering, and grief that are part of all our lives, and make us stronger. What matters most is not what happens to you, but how you react.
- Since no life can always be happy, when sometimes you feel miserable it helps to remember, this too shall change.
- True happiness consists of getting out of yourself, of focusing your attention on the world instead of on yourself. That means having an active life and absorbing interests.
- Test your known and yet-to-be discovered skills through some meaningful activity. Anything that challenges you will work.
- Genuinely care about other people.
- Make it a habit to consciously remind yourself every day of things for which you are thankful.
So, let’s use these last days of September to make a concerted effort to improve our happiness. I’m sure our coworkers, friends and family will appreciate it 🙂