Moving Ahead

Wow, the weekend went by quickly 🙁  I had so much I wanted to get accomplished, and well, I got about 60% done.  The other 40% will have to wait awhile. I’m entering my busy time at work, and there’s so much to do.  I know you can relate, even if you’re retired.  Maybe we’ll never catch up.

But it’s exciting to start something new, and I’m looking forward to all the activity that comes with fresh starts.  As I’m sure you’ve picked up, new beginnings is a pretty consistent theme here on Making All Things New.

Hardly a day goes by that I don’t speak to someone who’s down in the dumps, dealing with some situation that seems hopeless.  I try my best to help them see beyond their present difficulty, and together work on coming up with some options.  I want to offer them some hope.

I don’t know about you, but I want to be around hopeful people. These are the folks who will not just survive, but thrive.  Isn’t that where you want to be?

Here’s a helpful quote I found in a book called Food for Thought,

Each day is a new start.  Each moment is a beginning.  We do not have to wait until Monday to get back on the program or clean a closet or tackle a difficult report.  We do not have to wait until tomorrow morning, either.  Now is the moment to stop eating (poorly), to make a phone call, to begin whatever project we have been putting off.

There is no way we can change what we did five minutes ago, nor can we predict what will happen half an hour from now.  We can only deal with now.

By doing what needs to be done right now, we make the most of the present moment.  As long as we are alive, we are always free to begin again.  Instead of following an old, worn-out habit, make a fresh start this moment on the rest of your life.

Give me the grace, Lord, to begin again.

By seedthrower1

I'm passionate about helping people realize that God wants to make something new of them and bring about a permanent transformation in their lives: body, mind, and spirit.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: