When was the last time you were really excited about something? Maybe it was last night, watching your favorite baseball team have a big win. It could have been the call from a friend/family member telling you that she's going to have a baby.
You could have gotten excited about a phone call you received telling you that you got the job you interviewed for, or that you are being promoted. For some, the excitement they experience could come from a great time of prayer they had, walking away with a clarity they've been seeking.
Sadly, some of us might struggle with this exercise. Nothing immediately comes to mind.
I don't know about you, but I'm trying really hard to create some excitement in my life and in the lives of those around me. Even though we might only be cyber friends, I want to include you too. Here's five ideas to help you create some excitement in your life. Please try at least one, and let us know what happens.
- Learn Something New- Whether it be an on-line class on meteorology or a pottery class at your local senior center, get out of your comfort zone and learn something new. Over the last several weeks, I've been listening to a course on nutrition from a company called The Great Courses. They've teamed up with some of the best professors in the world to offer inexpensive courses that you can listen to in your lazy boy. Check them out.
- Get To A Nature Center or Public Garden- Just walking around these places always gives me some inspiration to create a more nature-friendly back yard or to plant something new. I always come home with tons of great ideas.
- Learn A New Recipe- There's few things that are more exciting than to get rave reviews about a new recipe you've made for family/friends. This is especially true when you prepare something from another culture. In the next few days, I'll be making some Indian food for my friends. It's going to be fun.
- Change Your Furniture Around- O.K., I'll be the first to admit, this isn't the most exciting thing on the list. But, in these tight times, this is something you can easily do and it won't cost you a dime. Sometimes, excitement can come from the most simple things. One of my friends recently told me that he thought I should change-up my living room and create a better flow. When I'm done with this post this morning, I'm going to get at it.
- Work On Fulfilling A Dream- All of us have dreams. Maybe it's a European vacation, a second home, a new job or retirement (congrats Bob!). The key to fulfilling your dreams is a good plan. Even though it might take years, let the planning begin. Unfulfilled dreams almost universally come from a lack of planning. Get going.